Wednesday, July 20, 2016

U equals 1cm

Further to my agonising about the "correct" value for U with 15mm scale figures in Impetus I've had a comment back in the forum that referred me back to the rules.  U is 1cm for 15mm and 2cm for 25mm with the 15mm scale taking precedence.  U equals 1 inch is just an option.

While of course I can make U and size I want, the rules really do mean for it to be 1cm.

Pity as I rather liked to bigger move distance.

Might all change with Impetus II anyway...

Anyway, it's nice to be wring once in a while :-)

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you enjoy it more at 17mm so I reckon play it as you like best. If an outraged man from Dadi & Piombo comes to your house, say "Lasciare la mia proprietà o chiamo la polizia."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and remember that.

      In my defence my ancients wargaming mind was damaged by various interpretations of WRG rules over the years. As much as I loved them, they have obviously left some deep damage to my reasoning powers.

      Delete
  2. Yes, but U =1cm for 6mm as well. So they are clearly wrong. Let's try U = 17 mm I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've seen some fabulous 6mm based as for 15mm.

      Delete
  3. having tried the 17mm option I must say I prefer it to the 1cm original. Perhaps if we tried moving farther (17mm or 1" or whatever) but kept the shooting ranges at cm there might be a comprimise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not sure how changing the shooting ranges would play out as it would alter the opportunity shot and also make it much easier to close to combat. It's those lucky long range shots that hurt, especially if you can follow them up.

      Delete
  4. That would be the sensible thing to do (use 2cm), but I was trying to be smart. However my basic premise was wrong (that U was an inch for 25mm). Plus it's likely the U measurement will change with Impetus II based on what has occurred with Baroque.

    All that said, the larger value for U with 15mm worked well. Only thing with a bigger value for U is that troops can wheel more (but it is capped at 90 anyway).

    ReplyDelete